Cut Through The Noise With Systematic Income
In your search for attractive income investments are you sometimes overwhelmed by the hundreds of CEFs, preferred stocks, baby bonds, BDCs and thousands of ETFs and mutual funds out there in the market?
Our approach to the income space helps our members cut through the noise and find income opportunities with attractive risk / reward. Our set of Interactive Investor Tools as well as our suite of Income Portfolios make it easy to identify funds and securities with a history of alpha-generation, attractive valuations, and healthy level of income for their risk.
Ours is a relatively conservative approach – focusing as much on income as on principal safety. Here at Systematic Income our goal is to support investors by arming them with timely, comprehensive and actionable information. Our core belief is that investors are best served when they are fully informed – our entire service is organized around achieving this goal.
How Are We Different?
To cut to the chase – there is a healthy number of Marketplace services on the SA platform already. So what makes us different?
- First, we operate across multiple markets and sectors. To truly get to grips with the broad-based income market, we look across the fund space, including CEFs, ETFs and mutual funds, BDCs as well as individual preferred stocks and baby bonds. This allows our members to diversify their sources of risk and pursue a wider set of attractive income opportunities.
- Secondly, we provide easy-to-use interactive tools based on Google sheets which break down these markets across multiple dimensions and allow subscribers to get to grips with such a large investment space.
- Thirdly, we are bottom-up and top-down – often fund and security analysis is presented without context to the rest of the sector or other comparable alternatives. We provide the tools allowing subscribers to dig into individual funds and securities, easily compare them to their sectors as well as explore alternatives in the broader sectors and markets, providing both micro and macro views at the same time.
- Fourthly, we do our own homework and calculate our own metrics which allows us to provide truly valuable information that is simply unavailable elsewhere. Metrics such CEF discount sector spreads, fund alpha and longer period z-scores as well as preferred stock spreads and yield histories, which have a proven track record, are not easily found elsewhere if at all.
- Fifthly, our suite of Income Portfolios is based on three pillars of yield, risk control and total return. This means they are designed to be resilient as well as balance the needs of maintaining a reserve of dry powder to be able to pounce on opportunities while generating an attractive level of income.
- Sixthly, we have been in the trenches – we are not dentists by training who decided to move into security analysis as a retirement hobby. The service is backed by research analyst and trading roles at major investment banks across two continents with deep experience in fixed-income and derivatives markets. On the operations side our tech background powers the Investor Tools and Master’s degrees in Economics and Financial Engineering provide the analytical support to the service.