Kuneco (“togetherness” in Esperanto) was born in July 2020 to create a virtual gathering space to strengthen the community spirit of Celo members while celebrating wins toward our mission and uplifting community voices. After logging 16 meetings — and some community feedback, we recognized a need to fork Kuneco.
As a result, we are now announcing a new, virtual, quarterly event called Celo Block Party, with Kuneco evolving into a community-run town hall supported by the Celo Foundation.
This new Kuneco call will inspire togetherness for the Celo Community and deep dive into topics about the Celo ecosystem’s growth and development, ultimately serving the Foundation’s goal of progressive decentralization.
Potential topics for discussion include:
- cLabs’ and the Celo Foundation’s respective roadmaps to support the Celo ecosystem
- Governance and collaborating with CGP editors on pressing issues
- Frameworks for decentralization, including applying for on-chain funding
- Grassroots organization of regional ecosystems, providing a space for community builders to come together and exchange learnings
- Independent entities that are growing to support the Celo Ecosystem, e.g., Prezenti, Climate Collective, AfricaDAO, or any other DAOs that are proposed in the future.
The Celo Community will co-create each Kuneco agenda, optimizing for conversation and interaction. There will also be transparency in the Foundation’s processes and roadmap, inspired by Gitcoin’s open-budget meetings, as well as an emphasis on governance engagement and community stewardship.
Lastly, the monthly, hour-long call will be facilitated by Celo Foundation Community Leads Anna Kryukova and Daniel Olarte and, in the future, community facilitators. The call returns with a renewed mission and mandate after gathering feedback and going through the advice process. Topics for this first iteration will include decentralizing ecosystem growth and development through regional DAOs. An agenda can be found here, and to sign up for the call, click here.
Source : blog.celo.org/announcing-kuneco-changes-new-celo-block-party-8ce6113dff93 by Celo Foundation - November 15, 2022